Business Development Representative (GUELPH, KITCHENER-WATERLOO)
Application Deadline: March 16, 2019
Job Type: Full-Time
Improvising effectively can be difference between time wasted and time well spent. The Making-Box helps individuals and organizations become more productive and happy by harnessing the tools of improv and applying them to the workplace and classroom.
The Making-Box is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our expanding organization in Kitchener-Waterloo and/or Guelph. As part of our Improv For Business team, you will be on the front lines of our sales process responsible for strategically sourcing and qualifying sales opportunities.
As a BDR, you will be working with the Improv For Business Director and Marketing Manager to strategically target key accounts, research new accounts, and connect with potential customers (outbound via phone, video, email and social).
You will be conducting high level conversations with Marketing Manager and Improv For Business Director to drive new business, re-activations and achieve your monthly quota of sales qualified opportunities.
You might be the right fit if you:
- Believe improv education can make the world a better place
- Are excited to connect with new business opportunities that fuel our sales pipeline
- Can strategically research and develop accounts/markets for prospecting
- Are comfortable cold calling, meeting in person and on camera
- Can thrive in an evolving environment
- Can self-manage schedule, targets, timelines and are willing to hustle
- Can communicate high-concept ideas in a way that resonates with your audience
- Are delightful AF
It’s a bonus if you have experience with
- B2B sales and account prospecting
- Working with sales technologies/CRM
- Building relationships and qualifying the wants/needs of individuals and organizations
- Achieving weekly and monthly sales activity goals
- The techniques and philosophies of applied improvisation and/or organizational education
Life at The Making-Box:
The Making-Box is an team of ten intensely driven and charming humans with various professional and educational backgrounds. We are united to make the world a happier place by applying the tools improv inside and beyond the theatre. Please apply to this with the intention to grow with The Making-Box. Your voice and insights will carry weight and be valued. This is an opportunity for both personal and professional growth within a unique organization.
The Work Environment
A large portion of your work can be accomplished remotely. You can also have a desk provided for you at The Making-Box in Guelph or Kitchener-Waterloo. You will be required to attend weekly and monthly meetings. Other perks include: a fitness allowance, snacks/drinks when working on-site, improv training and access to all of our live comedy events.
If hired you will complete The Making-Box’s Improv Incubator: Level One class.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume/CV outlining what you could bring to the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Making-Bucks at The Making-Box.
All applicants will receive an e-mail receipt of application, but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. The Making-Box is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify our team.